Following is a generic instruction with images for Android phones.
Diagnostics on Android drivers:
SV4 (SecureView 4)
If Android phone is not detected when it is already set to debugging mode (See instruction on SV4 screen)
most common cause is that the phone requires extra settings.
If you are absolutely positive settings is all correct please skip the extra setup
***** Extra settings *****
The extra settings can vary from model to model.
Rule of thumb is to swipe the screen from top to down (phone must be connected to PC and should be on)
Notification screen must show "USB Debugging Connected". If you do not see it then the phone is not set correctly.
If you see "Connected As" (or similar) please tap on it and try differnet settings such as PTP, MTP, Network etc.
If the phone O/S is 4.2.2 or later then please
1. Go to Settings and go to the bottom and see if you have "Developer's option"
go inside and enable "Debugging Mode" and DISABLE "Verify Apps(3rd party)"
2. If you do not have "Developer's option" go inside "About (Phone)"
3. Find Build Number info
4. Tap on it 7 times -this will add "Developer Option" button in Settings
5. Go back to Step 1 - once all is set go to step 6
6. Go back out to Settings
7. Select Security (Lock Screen Security etc)
8. Find "Allow Unknown sources/devices(3rd party) and Check the box to enable it
9. Connect the phone to pc (or disconnect and reconnect)
10. Watch the phone screen and it it prompts you to "Allow" access
select Always and OK (Image will be added here in the future)
This should setup most Android phones.
To verify the driver, we must go to device manager.
Click on Windows Start icon - type in "Device manager" to search - click on Device manager in the list
If the phone is set properly and connection is secure and stable you should see the driver(s).
(This should be automatic)
Common Driver images (may vary)
Typically Android ADB Devices, Android Composite ADB....Android phone, Android Sooner , etc etc
Image 1. Generic Android driver
Image 2. Samsung Android driver
Image 3 : Motorola android drivers
Image 4: LG
Image 5: Alcatel
In all above cases you must have USB Composite Device (Sample below is for Moto G)
Check under Other devices - if failed driver such as "Android...ADb ...etc" is there changing the USB connection mode (see Extra setup above) may resolve this failed driver)
Anti-virus protection apps on the phone may cause issue
Please check under Advnced Diagnostics section.
For more help please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-789-8236.