Windows 10 sometimes "lose" Apple Mobile device driver.
When this happens iTunes will not recognize the phone ven if there was a driver (See below).
Simply enter "Device manager" in any Windows search box and click on it as it appears in the search result list.
Here's how to Fix:
1. Type in "Device Manager" in Cortana search (if Windows 10)
2. Go to Portable device and find Apple iPhone (Phone must be connected)
3. Right click and update driver
4. Select Browse My computer..... - Let me pick from a list of....
- You will see MTP USB Device under Show compatible hardware
Ignore it and click "Have Disk"
5. Browse to Windows (C)/Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Mobile Device Support/Drivers
point to "usbaapl64" and click Open and let it install
This should redo the driver for iphone.
For further help please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the device manager
or call 949-789-8236. Please DO leave message as the voice messages are checked 7 days 24 hours.